Workshop: Learn to Solder!
Variety of Cool Kits
Learn to Solder! A large variety of way cool kits are available, all designed for total beginners to complete successfully -- and intriguing enough for the total hardware geek.
'''What''': A place to get together to solder stuff!
Learn to Solder!
You can easily learn all of the skills you need in a short time.
Make a project, and take it home with you!
If you have your own project (advanced or simple),
bring it by, and if you would like help, you can get it!
'''When''': All day and all night -- Every day of ZeTeCo
Most projects take about 1.5 to 2 hours
'''Who''': You! All ages, all skill levels -- It is fun to make things in together
''Come join us. Everyone is welcome.''
'''Cost''': Instruction is free! We ask that people pay only for the cost of
the parts used -- kit prices range from €10 to €30.
''' -- No need to register -- just come on by, any time!'''
Learn to solder! Mitch Altman will bring kits to make cool, practical, intriguing, hackable things that you can bring home after you make it. Of course, you can also bring your own projects to hack. And if you have anything to fix, bring it by!
Plenty of cool kits are available to make, including:
* TV-B-Gone (turn off TVs in public places!)
* Brain Machine (Meditate, Hallucinate, and Trip Out!)
* Trippy RGB Waves (interactive art blinky lights!)
* MiniPOV (write your message in the air!)
* MintyBoost (charge your USB enabled gadgets!)
* Hello My Name Is... badge (Geeky, blinky version of the sticker!)
* microcontroller programmers (program all your AVR family chips!)
* Arduino clones (make just about anything!)
* ArduTouch Music Synthesizer (make cool noise and music with this Arduino-comaptible kit!)
* And more!
More info on these projects is available at:
[http://www.CornfieldElectronics.com Cornfield Electronics] (click on the "projects" tab)
[http://www.evilmadscientist.com/ Evil Mad Scientist]
[http://analogmachines.com Analog Machines]
[http://www.samuraicircuits.com/MediaWiki/index.php?title=U-Do-It-Duino Samurai Circuits]
Anyone can learn to solder! Even if you have never made anything in your life, you can learn this very useful and enjoyable skill. It really is fun! Mitch has taught tens of thousands of people to solder all around the world, and he can teach you, too! Add yourself to the ever increasing community!
- Hackcenter #hc
- Let's Build Nodebots